Nischay’s Mentoring Program for School students is designed for coaching and mentoring them to navigate career options for Undergraduate Courses. It is natural for students to be confused about the various options available and the best ways to research or experience these. Study Abroad Mentorship Programs allows the students to ask the right questions, create options and indulge in activities that help in building future career success.
A key part of the program is to think through the higher education goals in line with Undergraduate Courses. The program allows the students to formulate a long term, flexible plan based on their own passions. The global options are introduced, objective set and choices explored. The objective of the program is to help students set goals and work towards these by being self-accountable. Nischay assists students in a realistic self-assessment to identify their strengths, weaknesses, values, expectations and vision.
The objective may or may not include undergraduate studies abroad.
An important part of this decision is the involvement of the immediate family. Nischay encourages students to get their parents involved in the process and build a network of mentors. Advising parents and assisting them in making the right decision is an integral part of the program.
The undergraduate Program covers the following areas:
- Assisting students in undertaking a SWOT analysis for finding the ideal Study Abroad Course.
- Choosing a specific Undergraduate Course with a better understanding of what career trends and opportunities may be rewarding in the future.
- Assisting students in zeroing down on the educational pathway that best helps achieve the chosen career goal.
- Assisting students in identifying study abroad programs and universities that complement their academic, personal and financial profile.
Action Plan and Steps:
- Assisting students in developing a time bound ACTION PLAN to achieve objectives.
- Assisting students in the choice of competitions/exams/extracurricular activities to help build a profile matching the requirements of the short listed universities/colleges.
- Regular evaluation of progress to ensure that the students are on the right track.